I came back from BlogHer Food ’09 intensely inspired and completely enamored with our little food blogging world. Those of you who read cooking blogs might not realize that there’s a whole behind-the-scenes community of us who get together and share our craft. Specialized food conferences are popping up all over the place, and through these events (and of course, social networking) we’ve built a nice little universe where we swap stories and learn more about what we love: talking about food.
After BlogHer, I had the idea to highlight our community and all of the people who pour their hearts and souls (not to mention countless hours) into making the culinary blogosphere such an exhilarating place. Over the next few months, I’ll be interviewing a series of bloggers that play a big part in making our community special. The goal is to share their passion and creativity with non-blogging readers, and to give food bloggers a glimpse into each others’ lives.
The format is simple – spotlighted bloggers will answer four questions, designed to explore how and why they do what they do. For the most part, everyone will receive similar questions so that we can see how diverse we all are, even though we share a handful of common interests.
So, let’s get to it. I hope you enjoy reading about these folks as much as I enjoy getting to know them!
Interviews in the Food Bloggers Spotlight series:
- April 13, 2010: Michael Ruhlman, Ruhlman.com
- April 6, 2010: Garrett McCord, Vanilla Garlic
- March 23, 2010: Casey Barber and Danielle Oteri, Good. Food. Stories.
- March 16, 2010: Elana Amsterdam, Elana’s Pantry
- March 9, 2010: Diana Johnson, Dianasaur Dishes
- March 2, 2010: Kirstin Jackson, It’s Not You, It’s Brie
- February 9, 2010: George Cochrane, Feeding Fashionistas
- February 2, 2010: Clotilde Dusoulier, Chocolate and Zucchini
- January 26, 2010: Paula Jones, Bell’alimento
- January 19, 2010: Samantha Tackeff, The Second Lunch
- January 12, 2010: David Lebovitz, The Sweet Life in Paris
- January 5, 2010: Kalyn Denny, Kalyn’s Kitchen
- December 29, 2009: Matt Armendariz, MattBites
- December 22, 2009: Zoë Francois and Jeff Hertzberg
- December 15, 2009: Arnold Gatilao, Inuyaki
- December 9, 2009: Adam Roberts, The Amateur Gourmet
- December 1, 2009: Charity Lynne Burggraaf, Food Photographer
- November 24, 2009: Susan Russo, Food Blogga
- November 17, 2009: Anita Chu, Dessert First
- November 10, 2009: Cheryl Sternman Rule, 5 Second Rule
- November 3, 2009: Dianne Jacob, Will Write for Food
- October 27, 2009: Lara Ferroni, Still Life With…
- October 20, 2009: Sam Breach, Becks & Posh
- October 13, 2009: Monica Bhide, A Life of Spice
- October 7, 2009: Debbie Koenig, Words to Eat By