SEO for Food Bloggers
Hello bloggers! A quick re-introduction: we are Stephanie Stiavetti (Wasabimon.com/@sstiavetti) and Stephanie Manley (CopyKat.com/@copykatrecipes. Here you’ll find information that pertains to the panel we gave at BlogHer Food 2010 called SEO for Food Bloggers. We hope this information will be useful to, and if you have any questions, please leave them in a comment on this page. Also, be sure to check back as we will update this page with more information in the future! Feel free to let us know about any great resources in the comments.
Here is the SEO for Food Bloggers presentation, and within a few days we’ll post a cheat sheet for you to use when creating posts. Until then, here are a few resources that will help you learn more about SEO.
SEO Web Resources for Food Bloggers
- Problogger – all you need to know about building your blogging empire
- Food Blog Forum – with an SEO/Monetization group, this is a great place to ask questions
- SEO Moz – a more advanced site for those really wanting to dive into SEO (complete with beginners guide)
- The Official Google Beginner’s SEO Guide – learn right from the source!
- SEO optimization and theory – get elbow deep into SEO
- Web Workshop – a little out of date, but still a valuable resource
- A great argument for NOT using the nofollow tag
SEO Books for Food Bloggers
Paid SEO Tools for Food Bloggers
- Market Samurai – a great tool that does EVERYTHING related to keyword and domain research
- Thesis – an awesome SEO-centric blog theme that will increase your traffic and make it easier to customize your blog
- Scribe – this handy tool analyses your posts to tell you where they need work and where you’re spot on in your SEO tactics
- Strategizer – a great tool for analyzing your traffic and keyword effectiveness
Free SEO Tools:
- Google Page Rank Checker – if you want to the page rank for your blog (or anyone else’s) you can use this free tool
- Google Analytics – a free traffic tracking tool that you NEED to install on your site
- Google AdSense Tool – a free keyword research tool that works better than most paid tools
- SEO Grader – check your website’s overall SEO score