Wow, how are we talking about New Years Eve cocktail recipes already? Where the hell did the year go? This hasn’t exactly been an epic year, though I can say I’ve had worse. I’ve got high hopes for
2010 2011, and this time around, I have a whole new arsenal of weapons to achieve my goals: a renewed sense of purpose and an improved outlook on life. Good Things ™ are planned this year, and I fully intend to make this the best I’ve had in a very long time! Anyone who disagrees can schedule a one-on-one meeting with my boot.
For now, it’s officially New Years Eve. I’m not really into the hard core party thing anymore, but I do love a creatively mixed cocktail recipe. I also have this little love affair with the bubbly, so I’m going to share with you a few fabulous drink combos to help you ring in the new year with style.
New Years Eve Cocktail Recipes
- Are you a Battlestar Galactica fan? Then you’ll love Josh’s geeky cocktail recipes, the Olympic Carrier and the New Caprica: Bartending in Fantasy Land: The Golden Café 2010
- Who has a caps lock key and loves chocolate martinis? THIS GIRL!
- If you’ve got oranges in your area, I highly recommend this Blood Orange Margarita recipe. Uber yum.
- You gotta love these champagne cocktail recipes, including the French 75, La Vie en Rose, and Death at Dusk. Watch out: serious day-after headache fodder here.
- Why not try the The Big O? Essentially, this is a screwdriver with more personality.
- For a more seasonal beverage, I recommend the Cranberry Amaretto Kiss.
- Ever heard of the lovely Poinsettia Cocktail Recipe? Yeah, me neither.
- If you’re into bitter drinks, try the Bittercup, a spiffy cocktail recipe for those who prefer a drink that bites back.
- And guess what? There’s an entire blog dedicated to jello shot recipes.
Dealing with the Aftermath
Too many New Years Eve cocktails? For the morning after, check out these tried and true tips for avoiding (or coping with) a hellacious New Years Day hangover.