This French 75 recipe is the damn champagne cocktail that took me out on New Years Eve – proceed with caution!
French 75 Champagne Cocktail Recipe
Yield: 6 glasses
- 6 cubes brown or white sugar, or 3 teaspoons granulated brown or white sugar
- 12 dashes orange bitters
- 6 ounces gin or brandy
- 6 lemon wedges
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 orange twists
- In each of the glasses place 1 sugar cube or 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 2 dashes orange bitters, and 1 ounce gin or brandy.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge into each glass and discard the wedge. Stir.
- Divide sparkling wine evenly among the glasses, garnish with an orange twist, and serve.
If you like these cocktail recipes, check out these others:
- Burning Man Cocktail Recipes
- New Years Eve Cocktail Recipes
- The R&R – A Perfect Summer Cocktail
- Blood Orange Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- And then…… Hangover Cures