Hey everyone! This weekend I was on the radio with my good friend Luna Raven, who hosts Luna’s Kitchen Magic. Come follow us as we make blueberry peach almond flour muffins and talk about how to make your own vanilla extract at home (really, it’s the easiest thing you can do… swear!). Here’s the link to the podcast, in mp3 format.
And here’s the recipe for the muffins. Enjoy!
Blueberry Peach Almond Flour Muffins
A grain free, dairy free and gluten free recipe
This recipe was adapted from The Everyday Grain-Free Gourmet, by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass. If you’re interested in working more with almond flour, I highly recommend this book!
Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill, available in most grocery stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches, defrosted and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberry, defrosted and diced
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing until well incorporated. Add honey and fruit, stirring well.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffins cups – you should fill them about 2/3 full. Bake about 30 minutes, or until muffins are slightly browned on top and an inserted knife comes out clean.